Re: [htdig] Htdig and patching

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:53:19 -0500 (CDT)

According to John Palmer:
> I have a site that it's database of information which I need to dig ends up
> beings called through a cgi file. The end result is a normal html file but
> of course htdig will not except .cgi ..
> I heard about a patch for the current version that allows one to go through
> cgi files... Does anyone know how I can get through my little problem?

htdig doesn't accept .cgi or /cgi-bin/ by default only because these
strings are in the default setting of exclude_urls. Just change that
parameter in your htdig.conf, and your off to the races. Be careful,
though, because if your site contains any CGIs that generate an infinite
virtual web tree, htdig will get stuck in that tree unless you prune it
somehow with exclude_urls patterns.