Re: [htdig] Search results

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:45:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, peter karlsson wrote:

> I think I have found the problem. phttpd doesn't seem to send the
> Content-Type header if the client sends the "If-Modified-Since" header. I do
> not know if this is something it should do (assuming that the client already
> knows the content-type, or something), or if it is a bug.

I made a quick check of the HTTP specification just now. To my quick skim,
and my recollection, this would be a bug, though arguably on both sides.
Certainly phttpd differs from almost every server I've encountered in this
respect, whether it is or isn't in the specification.

On the other hand, you have a point--ht://Dig *should* know the MIME-type.
It doesn't because it would waste a fair amount of space in the DB...