[htdig] calling htdig without a form

Scott Cameron (Scott.Cameron@innovation.siemens.ca)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:19:08 -0400

Hello all,

In an html document, I am trying to configure it so that when a user clicks
on an acronym, it will call htdig, search threw a glossary and return the
definition of that acronym.
ex: run fdisk /mbr to get rid of unwanted MBR entries.
The user, in this case would just click on "MBR" and poof! the definition
would be returned.

The problem that I am having is that I'm trying to send a query to htdig via
an a-href instead of a form. I don't want to put a form there because it
breaks the fluidity of the sentence.

I tried making a call to a CGI that would then call htdig but though I can
execute a CGI via this method, I can't send the word "MBR" to the original
CGI.

I'm lost. Does anyone have any ideas?
Much appreciated.
Scott