Re: xpdf 0.90 announcement (was Re: [htdig] parse_doc.pl slow)

Frank Guangxin Liu (frank@ctcqnx4.ctc.cummins.com)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:52:43 -0500 (EST)

I just installed and tested the new xpdf 0.90.
The new pdftotext has an option "-raw" which should be same
as the old patched -rawdump I guess.
It also has the deltax fixes included.

"xpdf" seems to be able to display landscape tables without
a problem on XFree86 server, but not on my MetroLink X server.
"pdftotext" still generate huge text file (huge lines for
the landscape tables), but "pdftotext -raw" can generate
reasonable sized file (as we found before). The good news
is the text file DOES have those keywords from the landscape
tables!!

I would highly recommend people to upgrade to xpdf-0.90.
It also supports PDF 1.3 as in the annoucement.

Frank