Re: [htdig] Search results

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:54:32 -0500 (CDT)

According to peter karlsson:
> > Have you tried completely reindexing from scratch? You mention "since
> > the first time I indexed," but could problems in the first indexing be
> > continuing to cause problems now?
>
> The second rebuild (some months ago) was done by creating fresh databases.
> The latest update was a real update, though.

Well, Peter, I don't know what to say. Neither Geoff nor I can
reproduce the error from here, so the problem must lie on your system.
Our usual recommendation in these circumstances is to do a complete
database rebuild, from scratch, to rule out database corruption as a
possible factor. Until you do that, I don't know how we can help you
any further. If you do rebuild your database from scratch, and you
can afford the extra disk space, I'd recommend running with -vvv, and
saving all the output - that way if the problem still occurs, you'll
have a log of the dig that might point to the cause of the trouble.
Otherwise, we're all working blindly, and none of our guesses so far
have gotten to the root of the problem.