Re: [htdig] remove URL

Nicolas.Poizot@alcatel.fr
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:46:25 +0200

> Nicolas.Poizot@alcatel.fr wrote:
> > I run an version of update of my rundig... it's ok, it's say me that the
> > document is not found when htdig running, and when the htmerge run, he
> > remove this document of the database... but this is no true.
> > When i'm run a search, this document is get but it doesn't exist (the
> > link is bad).
>
> This sounds truly odd. In 3.1.x and before, the document index is
> essentially rewritten every time htmerge is called. So it would be hard
> for it to "delete" a document but have it remain. However, there have
> been bugs in that code in the past, so it's not impossible.
>
> How are you running htdig/htmerge? Are you using the -a option? Are you
> updating old databases or reindexing from scratch?

In fact, because i don't want that the update impact all database, i use several
htdig.conf
I have a directory db with the current database
I have a directory db_new to dig the new site.

My rundig_new take the URL of these new sites and indexes those with htdig (not
-a used). After i'm merging this database (in db_new directory) with the database
in db directory.
If a document is new, it's add in current database
If a document is modified, it seems to be OK. The merge operation modify the
database.
If a document is deleted, it's not removed of the database. And when i have a
answer with a link to this document... the link is dead.

I hope that i'm clear with my problem
Nicolas Poizot