Re: [htdig] Redigging - Don't redig urls in DB

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:38:16 -0400

Nicolas.Poizot@alcatel.fr wrote:
> i'm merging with the current database. It's ok for the maximum of
> documents. But in such cases, some documents are marked Invalid and so
> removed of the database. But the question is:
> What is the reason for a document that it was marked "invalid"? I have
> parsed the code html of this document and i don't see why...

I don't quite know what you mean when you say it was marked "invalid."
If you can give us the exact error message that comes up, it would be
very useful.

During merges between databases, duplicate URLs are flagged and the
older of the two is tossed away. This may be what you mean. However, the
URL remains in the database--the merge is informing you that it did not
wish to duplicate data.