Re: [htdig] remove URL

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:33:25 -0400

Nicolas.Poizot@alcatel.fr wrote:
> I run an version of update of my rundig... it's ok, it's say me that the
> document is not found when htdig running, and when the htmerge run, he
> remove this document of the database... but this is no true.
> When i'm run a search, this document is get but it doesn't exist (the
> link is bad).

This sounds truly odd. In 3.1.x and before, the document index is
essentially rewritten every time htmerge is called. So it would be hard
for it to "delete" a document but have it remain. However, there have
been bugs in that code in the past, so it's not impossible.

How are you running htdig/htmerge? Are you using the -a option? Are you
updating old databases or reindexing from scratch?