Re: [htdig] PDF & ISO-Latin chars

peter karlsson (pk@mds.mdh.se)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:42:44 +0200 (CEST)

> Anyone out there indexing pdf-files with ISO-Latin characters in them
> ( mainly)? Seems that htdig doesn't understand the meaning of the
> special characters, and shows them w/o conversion;

I don't believe that htdig *care* what character set the external parsers
feed it with, but assumes that it is the one as specified in the current
locale. You would probably want to hack the program you're using to parse
PDF files to correctly convert its output to the local character set.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/