Re: [htdig] patch to parse URLs?

Geoff Hutchison (
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 21:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Leonard J. Hunt wrote:

> I am looking for a patch for htdig to take the user id
> (^3290 in this case) out of the URL before it gets indexed
> as a unique url. I set the server_max_docs so that htdig

No offense, but it's not entirely obvious what the "user id" is from that
particular URL. While I think there are people who'd be willing to provide
such a patch, w/o knowing what part of a query string is to be removed,
it's not particularly easy.

Most query strings I'm famililar with take the form
?key1=value&key2=value.... In this form, it's fairly easy to figure out
what fields are "user id" or whatnot.

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.