[htdig] patch to parse URLs?

Leonard J. Hunt (lhunt@learn2.com)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:24:21 -0700

Hi All,
We are now using htdig to index our discussion group, which
puts user IDs into URLs like this:
http://www.learn2.com/cgi-bin/learnline?23@^3290@14%40
I am looking for a patch for htdig to take the user id
(^3290 in this case) out of the URL before it gets indexed
as a unique url. I set the server_max_docs so that htdig
will finish indexing at some point as a temporary measure,
but there's no guarantee that everything has been indexed
and there are "unique" URLs that point to the same place.
Thanks,
Len
 Leonard Hunt
 Staff Technologist - Learn2.com