[htdig] PDF Parsing Errors

Jeff Kirk (jeff@co.mendocino.ca.us)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:58:28 -0700

Hello,

I was wodering of anyone can help me with a small problem. I just installed the pdf parsing ability on our installation of htdig. Actually, it's a new server running RHL 6.0, 256MB mem, 9 GB hd, etc. I installed and compiled the current version of htdig and acroread 4. When documents are created with the distiller I get "Segmentation Violation Caught", but when I use the PDF Writer it works fine. At the shell prompt acroread converts the documents correctly, so it seems to be something with htdig. Anyone have any idea???

Number 2 is related to document titles. In Word 97, I tell the document a title and subject expecting it to parse into PDF title and subject. But when I dig and run a search on the web site to test it the resulting title, it is like this: Obviously not what I want. Any suggestions?

TIA

Jeff Kirk
Network Admin
County of Mendocino