Re: [htdig] honking big patch file collection for 3.1.2

Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:55:36 -0500 (CDT)

According to Frank Guangxin Liu:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > - username/password now blotted out from command arguments
>
> Is the multi username/password support we discussed earlier in there?
> Thanks!
> Frank

No, just the simple change to blot out the one username/password. If I
recall, your suggestion may require the new host-specific configuration
changes planned for 3.2, but not implemented yet. In any case, I stuck
with bug fixes and trivial feature enhancements, especially things that
were a frequent cause of confusion like the default port for server_alias,
and the maximum_word_length config attribute.

> > - PR#554 fixed - locale now affects default date format in htsearch
> > - fixes the bug in the handling of modification_time_is_now
> > - PR#578 fixed - multiple directives in <meta> robots tag now work
> > - now gives an error message for unknown hosts
> > - empty or null strings won't cause htfuzzy to core dump

BTW, I forgot to note that the above htfuzzy fix is for PR#514.

> > - PDF parser now clears title string properly when done with it
> > - PR#543 & PR#585 fixed - names like left_index.html no longer stripped
> > - fixes server_alias entries so port defaults to 80 if omitted
> > - decodes SGML entities inside tag attributes
> > - PR#566 fixed - urls like 'http:/dir/file.ext' resolved properly
> > - $(VAR) at end of template string now being expanded properly
> > - PR#595 fixed - corrected address for FSF
> > - maximum word length now a config attribute, not compile-time option
> > - PR#81 & PR#472 fixed - htdig -vvv shouldn't crash in strftime()
> > - PR#348 fixed - missing or invalid port number will get set correctly
> > - PR#493 fixed - valid URL with ".." within a file name not rejected
> > - PR#572 fixed - htsearch won't crash if CONTENT_LENGTH not set
> > - PR#545 fixed - configure tests for presence of alloca.h for regex.c
> > - documentation updates, including PR#558 & PR#626.

[ rest of honking big patch collection deleted, 'cause you don't really need
  to see it a third time to get the context. ;-) ]