Re: [htdig] .shtml files

John Ray (johnray@mail.jps.net)
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:26:09 +0800

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> John Ray wrote:
> > I need to index the content of .shtml files on out site. There is no
> > need for the SSI tags to be processed prior to indexing since their
>
> If you're indexing via HTTP, there is no need to worry about indexing
> shtml files--they should be indexed as regular .html files.
>
> If you're talking about indexing using local_urls, then you'll need to
> hack Document.cc, as you noted. If this is what you wish to do, please

I have little choice but to index the local file system since it is a
very heavily framed site with framesets inside of framesets, and
JavaScript drop-down lists that create the URLs on the fly. While I
have 'doorway' pages for other search engines, they do not produce
the results needed for our site search engine.

I'll play with the Document.cc file and make sure I have all the
right tools in place. Thanks....

John Ray - johnray@jps.net