Re: [htdig] .shtml files

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 11:22:54 -0400

John Ray wrote:
> I need to index the content of .shtml files on out site. There is no
> need for the SSI tags to be processed prior to indexing since their

If you're indexing via HTTP, there is no need to worry about indexing
shtml files--they should be indexed as regular .html files.

If you're talking about indexing using local_urls, then you'll need to
hack Document.cc, as you noted. If this is what you wish to do, please
post the changes you made and any other notes that might be helpful to
the developer list at (we'd prefer to keep this list free of comments
about the source code itself):

htdig3-dev@htdig.org