Re: [htdig] 'Segmentation fault' runing htdig on a Cobalt Raq server

Tomas Garcia Ferrari (tgf@bigital.com)
Mon, 9 Aug 99 11:47:15 +0200

>It would help significantly if you could run gdb on the core file like so:
>
>gdb htdig core
>
>You'll then get a (gdb) prompt. Type 'bt' to give us a backtrace.

Hi,

This is the result:

---
[root@cobalt1 bin]# gdb htdig core
GNU gdb 4.17
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "mipsel-redhat-linux"...
Core was generated by `./htdig -c
/usr/local/htdig/conf_akademie/akademie_d.conf
'.
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error

#0 0x0 in ?? () (gdb) bt #0 0x0 in ?? () warning: Hit heuristic-fence-post without finding warning: enclosing function for address 0x2ac3d130 This warning occurs if you are debugging a function without any symbols (for example, in a stripped executable). In that case, you may wish to increase the size of the search with the `set heuristic-fence-post' command.

Otherwise, you told GDB there was a function where there isn't one, or (more likely) you have encountered a bug in GDB. (gdb) bt #0 0x0 in ?? () warning: Hit heuristic-fence-post without finding warning: enclosing function for address 0x2ac3d130 (gdb) quit

---

Could you give me some help understanding this?

Thanks!

Tomas Garcia Ferrari

Bigital http://bigital.com