Re: [htdig] How to index new directories

Sun, 8 Aug 1999 20:15:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, FR Chalaoux wrote:

> My htdig.conf was only modified during the rmp installation at EOF like
> below. For exemple how to index the local directory /data1 ?

> # end:
> start_url: http://localhost/
> local_urls: http://localhost/=/home/httpd/html/
> local_user_urls: http://localhost/=/home/,/public_html/

I'm not sure what you mean when you say /data1. Do you mean the URL based
at /data1, or a directory /data1 (I assume you mean the latter).

In this case, you could do something like this (I haven't tried this, but
I suspect it will work):

start_url: http://localhost/ http://localhost/data/
local_urls: http://localhost/=/home/httpd/html/ \
        http://localhost/data/=/data1/

I'll point out that ht://Dig is not really designed for indexing
directories. It was designed primarily for indexing websites. So it's not
very easy at the moment to make it index a filesystem.