Re: [htdig] How add <meta> tag?

Sun, 8 Aug 1999 19:41:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, FR Chalaoux wrote:

> As mentioned in htdig documentation, it seems only following tags are
> permits. These tags are htdig specific, not html except robots and
> description. Why this choose and is it possible to add <meta> tag in
> htdig ?

It also reads the standard "keywords" tag.

It is possible to add <meta> tags to ht://Dig. One easy way is to add to
the keywords_meta_tag_names attribute, which by default is:

keywords_meta_tag_names: keywords htdig-keywords

You can also add more support for <meta> tags by editing the HTML.cc file.
For example, two of my first patches were to add support for meta
descriptions and meta robots tags.

There will (hopefully) be support for more elements of the Dublin Core
tagset in 3.2.0.