Re: [htdig] Indexing huge websites (really Linux 2G max file size

Michael Tibor (
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:56:31 -0800 (AKDT)

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> The large filesystem patch is:
> The latter is also usually rolled into the -ac patches to the Linux
> kernel.
> I don't know how well tested they are, but I imagine for ext2 on ia32,
> they're probably pretty heavily tested. That doesn't mean they are
> highly supported patches. ;-)

If >2GB file support is required, it'd probably be a good idea to consider
an Alpha.

Especially now that the 21264 based machines are out, the 164LX and SX are
pretty good deals.

Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
LAN Technician     Consortium Library             (907) 786-6050 fax  for PGP public key