Re: [htdig] 3.1.2-errors & umlaute

Dirk Kutsche (dk@pro-ite.de)
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 12:28:36 +0200

Hi,

Gilles Detillieux schrieb:
> Do you know which program gave the error messages above? If it was
> htsearch, it may be that you tried to run it before htfuzzy had finished.

Yes, it's htsearch. The rundig-script has almost finished. But the
root2word.db, word2root.db and synonyms.db are empty.

> 1) What OS version is running on all your systems?

SuSe Linux 6.1 - kernel 2.2.5

> 2) Do all your systems give the same error above, or just some?

Yes, the system where I compiled the SW and also systems where I copied
to.

> 3) Which dictionaries are you using? The standard English ones included
> with the package, or German ones? If the latter, where did you obtain them?

I use the standard-installation. No changes at all - only the start_url
and the maintainer was changed from me.
I think there are only english-dictionaries:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 923176 Apr 6 20:02 english.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5756 Apr 6 20:02 english.aff

Where can I get germans?

> Sounds like your locale isn't set properly in your htdig.conf, or locales
> aren't working on your OS. Try
>
> locale: de_DE
Set in htdig.conf or as shell-variable??
Thanks for your response.

--
Gruesse von Dirk Kutsche