[htdig] Indexing huge websites (really Linux 2G max file size problem)

marc@nozell.com
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:50:45 -0400

Hi,

I maintain a very large archive (archiver.rootsweb.com) of almost
9,000 mailing lists with more being added every day. Currently we
have 900,000 messages (7.5G) which is also growing rapidly.

The problem I've run into is ht://Dig's index has become larger
Linux's 2G maximum file size.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can continue to offer a
search of the full website?

Perhaps someone has done work to split ht:/Dig's index over multiple
files?

Any suggestions for other open source search engines that can split
over multiple index files?

-marc

--
Marc Nozell <marc @ nozell.com>                  http://www.nozell.com