Re: [htdig] 3.1.2-errors & umlaute

Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:49:44 -0500 (CDT)

According to Dirk Kutsche:
> I got 3.1.2 now running on all my systems ;-)
>
> There are still two problems:
>
> a.
>
> DB2 problem...: /opt/www/htdig/common/synonyms.db: close: 2 blocks left
> pinned
> DB2 problem...: /opt/www/htdig/common/word2root.db: dirty flag set for
> readonly
> file page

Do you know which program gave the error messages above? If it was
htsearch, it may be that you tried to run it before htfuzzy had finished.
If it was htfuzzy, there may be a problem with your dictionaries,
or problems with the way the db package compiled on your OS. A few
questions:

1) What OS version is running on all your systems?

2) Do all your systems give the same error above, or just some?

3) Which dictionaries are you using? The standard English ones included
with the package, or German ones? If the latter, where did you obtain them?

> b. what is htdig doing with char >127 like ü () ?
> When I search for a word with these he (is htdig a "he"? <g>) says
> "no matches"

Sounds like your locale isn't set properly in your htdig.conf, or locales
aren't working on your OS. Try

        locale: de_DE

if it's available on your system(s).