Re: [htdig] Length of the search word

Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:31:21 -0500 (CDT)

According to Monika Fertmann:
> I'd like to know if it's possible to search a string with more than 11
> letter like "abcdefghijklm" correct.
> When i search "abcdefghijklm", i get all the pages that contain
> "abcdefghijk*", but not exactly "abcdefghijklm".
>
> Is it possible? How can i do it?

This is controlled by the compile-time option, MAX_WORD_LENGTH, in
include/htconfig.h. Right now, the default for this is 12, but you
can change it, recompile and reinstall the package, and rebuild your
database if you want it larger. One of the things on the to-do list
is to make this a run-time option (configuration attribute), so that
you'd only need to reindex your sites from scratch after changing this,
but for now you still need to recompile.