Re: [htdig] Weird behaviour

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:01:01 -0400

Patrick Buckingham wrote:
> htdig 3.12 has been working great on my system for a while..today when I
> search I get the list of matches and then to Horizontal rules and then the
> navigation for 1..2..3..etc...but no details of the the search results. Its
> like it doesnt load long or short.html.

Do you run rundig (or similar) through cron? If so, I'd check to see if
the databases have either become corrupted, or overwritten by some
means. (See the thread about htmerge killing URLs when a server is
down.)

There's nothing in htsearch that will change from day-to-day, so the
question is "what happened to your databases?"