[htdig] Please help with PHP wrappers.

mike grommet (mgrommet@insolwwb.net)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:59:33 -0500

hm. I've been trying to implement the php wrapper example from

Search This! Searching Your Dynamic Site Using PHP3 and
ht://Dig by Colin Viebrock

given in the contributed work section...

At the moment, I'm having some funky problems...
just for reference, feel free to check this out, the url
I'm piddling with is http://www.searchthis.com/search/index.php3
which is a test bed for the larger project.

I've tried to follow the example exactly.
my form calls results.php3: here is the relevant code for results.php3

<?php
$HTSEARCH_PROG = "/usr/local/php/bin/htdig.sh";
$words = EscapeShellCmd(UrlEncode($words));
$format = "jsun";
$query = "config=$config&format=$format&words=$words";
$command="$HTSEARCH_PROG \"$query\"";
phpinfo(); /* threw this in so I could get a look at variables and
such */
exec($command,$result);