[htdig] less files

Frank Guangxin Liu (frank@ctcqnx4.ctc.cummins.com)
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 17:12:57 -0500 (EST)

I've been seeing this strange behaviour for a long time:
if, for whatever reason (I've seen this several times for
several servers, maybe because the server is too busy to
responde...), an initial htdig fails to grab all files
from a server (I know this because the statistics output
from "htdig" shows far less files than actual), further
update htdig will never catch up those missing files.
The only solution in this case is to do an initial htdig
again, in which case, the statistics output from htdig
may give the actual numbers of files from that server.

My question is
why update htdig can't catch up those missing files?
Is there another solution other than re-do an initial htdig?

Thanks!
Frank