[htdig] Searching Word Documents

webmaster@chester.ac.uk
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:42:14 +0000

I've set up an external parser with htdig to search Word documents
(parse_doc.pl.gz from the Contributed Word section) and setup
appropriate external_parsers: application/MSWord type. However
htdig does seem to load these files now (it used to have unknown
filetype error on these links), but when I'm using ./rundig
(customised with my server url) I get the notification:

"Deleted, no excerpt"

Any clue anyone. I need to parse these documents as they form
part of the my college's intranet site. Any help would be
appreciated.

Henry Blackman
Information Assistant - Chester College
http://www.chester.ac.uk/