Re: [htdig] It didn't work correctly

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:46:29 -0400

KIM IL HWAN wrote:
> I ran the command, htdig, htmerge, htfuzzy below order.
> $ htdig
> - created db.docdb and db.wordlist files
..
> I don't know what I mistake
> Please tell me why not work correctly.

I'd check to see if the databases actually contain anything. It's
possible for everything to *appear* to work, but if it hasn't actually
reached the server, it won't index anything.

I would first edit the htdig.conf to use a server that makes sense for
you. Then I'd make sure the server is reachable from the machine that's
doing the index.

Then I'd run htdig with '-vvv' in addition to the usual flags to get
more debugging output.