Re: [htdig] Problem calling external programs

Jim Cole (
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:18:57 -0600

Heid Joern wrote:

> external_parsers: application/msword /tmp/htdig/bin/ \
> application/postscript /tmp/htdig/bin/ \
> application/pdf /tmp/htdig/bin/
> the output of htdig is
> 1:2:0: /tmp/htdig/bin/
> not found
> I tried with c:/tmp... and with \\ instead of / with no success.

Have you tried something like application/msword
"c:\tmp\htdig\bin\" ?

I have no idea whether that will solve your current problem, but in the past I
have encountered situations where quoting a DOS-ish path was the only way I
could get a functional command line argument passed in while using a Cygwin
bash shell.