Re: [htdig] Problem calling external programs

Doug (DougB@simplenet.com)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:18:41 -0700

Heid Joern wrote:

> There's the mail again:
> I have ported ht://dig to Win NT and it works well so far.

        Wow... I really admire your determination. Out of curiosity though, why
would you want to run it on NT?

> But after adding
>
> external_parsers: application/msword /tmp/htdig/bin/parse_doc.pl \
> application/postscript /tmp/htdig/bin/parse_doc.pl \
> application/pdf /tmp/htdig/bin/parse_doc.pl
>
> the output of htdig is
> 1:2:0:http://www.integraliscentaur.de/test.pdf: /tmp/htdig/bin/parse_doc.pl:
>
> not found

        Unfortunately I cannot answer your question, however I did want to let
you know that your message has been seen. It may be of some comfort to
you to know that the external parser code is very troublesome to even
the unix versions, so you are in good company.

Good luck,

Doug