Re: [htdig] result: small & capital letters in the url

Marian Steinbach (marians@gmx.de)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 00:19:16 +0200

Hi Michael!

AFAIK SuSe installs Apache (you use Apache, do you?) without enabled
Spelling Module (mod_spel). That is why the server acts case sensitive.

First I would propose to install (or simply activate) this module, witch
should be available as Dynamically Shared Object in the SuSe Apache
Installation.

This module will send redirects to the right spelled URLs when minor
typos (such as .htm instead of .html) or wrong case spelling have
occured.

It is quite useful, not only for htDig.

htDig should index the real URLs instead of the wrong spelled URLs after
receiving the redirects.

Marian

attached mail follows: