Re: [htdig] how to search sub directories

gil (gil@truepath.com)
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 10:40:07 -0700

Hi,

Is there no way of configuring htdig to look in a subdirectory such as
/usr/members that contains all the members' web sites that we manage?

>From what I understand from the message below, I need to create an
index.html page that contains all of the urls for every member. There
are tens of thousands of members. We can write a short perl script to automate
the creation of a large index page listing all of the members pages, but
before doing so I want to make sure we're not overlooking an a more
straight forward approach.

Gil

> > But, the htdig process only checked the one lonely index.html under
> > http://members.truepath.com, but there are tens of thousands of
> > subdirectories under this URL. How do I force htdig to check these out
> > too??? After all that's where the content is....
>
> htdig dosn't know about pages that aren't linked, and you are not linking
> anywhere on the members.truepath.com.
>
> Try setting up a page listing all the subdirectories on members., and point
> htdig to start digging there (in addition to where it starts already).
>
> Or put the index in the members. root directly...
>
> --
> \\//
> Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

> the SUBJECT of the message.