[htdig] Compiling problems... still...

Matt Salomone (matt.salomone@metaphasetech.com)
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:38:49 -0500

Is there a good way to use a non-GNU C++ compiler to compile ht://Dig? Specifically, I'm using CC to build C++ files and gcc to build C files now, because the version of g++ installed on my server apparently doesn't have all the header files necessary (probably because nobody's installed libstdc++). And I can't get libstdc++ to install in my own directory for the life of me... the configure program hangs. So it appears that I'm stuck with CC to compile this thing. Can it be done? It's given me this error during make when attempting to compile htfuzzy:

Undefined first referenced
 symbol in file
__muldi3 ./db/dist/libdb.a(os_rw.o)
__cmpdi2 ./db/dist/libdb.a(os_stat.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to htfuzzy

which I've heard stems from not being able to find the file libgcc.a, which I have located but haven't found out how to tell the make program where it is... any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Salomone mailto:matt.salomone@metaphasetech.com
Metaphase Technology - OS/Networking Intern
Phone: (651) 482-2097