[htdig] Re: Reasons htdig might not find anything?? REASON!

Andrew Stone (andrew@stone.com)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:28:32 -0600

Sorry to bother you folks again, but here's what happened for the curious:

http://www.maps.org/htdig/search2.html works fine now - I reran
rundig after clearing up some disk space - apparently, earlier
rundig's had filled the disk beyond capacity and therefore some key
component of the db or db indices wasn't being written.

> From: Andrew Stone <andrew>
> Date: 1999-07-06 13:17:35 -0600
> To: htdig@htdig.org
> Subject: Reasons htdig might not find anything??
>
> Hello,
>
> As a volunteer webspinner for www.maps.org, I built and configured
> htdig 3.1.2 on a FreeBSD box to run from:
>
> http://www.maps.org/htdig/search2.html
>
> Even though rundig produced some nice sized db's:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 maps maps 3683328 Jul 6 11:49 db.docdb
> -rw-r--r-- 1 maps maps 45056 Jul 6 11:49 db.docs.index
> -rw-r--r-- 1 maps maps 2859704 Jul 6 11:49 db.wordlist
> -rw-r--r-- 1 maps maps 3497984 Jul 6 11:49 db.words.db
>
> htsearch refuses to find any matches, even though these words appear
> many times in the db's.
>
> However, htsearch is finding the db's because if change the name of
> the db directory, I get an error.
>
> So - if you have any suggestions on what might be causing this, or a
> way to debug the htsearch, please reply to me directly at
> andrew@stone.com
>
> Thank you!
>

> ===
> Andrew Stone, QuixMaster of Stone Design Corp
> mailto:andrew@stone.com (505) 345-4800
> http://www.stone.com - Create(TM)

===