RE: [htdig] RE: HTDIG seg faults and dumps core on RH Linux Kerne

Cobb, Brian (CobbBrianK@exchange.uams.edu)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:25:09 -0500

Here is the output after loading htdig into gdb and running it:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation Fault
0x4002e1d1 in ifstream::~ifstream()
Current language: auto, currently c

Here is the backtrace info:
#0 0x4002e1d1 in ifstream::~ifstream()
#1 0x8059eff in Configuration::Read (this=0x80a7510,
filename=0x80aa078 "/home/bkcobb/htdig/conf/htdig.conf")
at Configuration.cc:350
#2 0x8053779 in main (ac=1, av=0xbffffdb4) at htdig.cc:104

I am logged on at the console as root when I run the gdb session in the
/home/bkcobb/htdig/bin directory.
I've tried using the htdig.conf "out of the box" as well as the one I had
customized
when I had a working installation.

I upgraded the Linux kernel to 2.2.6 from 2.0.34 since my last successful
htdig upgrade if that helps. Someone had mentioned library or other source
file dependencies. Is there a FAQ on this somewhere?