Re: [htdig] I need some reasonable settings for: search_algorithm ?

Geoff Hutchison (
Mon, 05 Jul 1999 09:35:22 -0400

All the rest of your config file looked just fine. So I'll give you a
few comments about the two below:

"Dr. Thomas-M.Stein" wrote:
> # Any ideas about
> text_factor: 1

Remember that all the _factor variables are relative. So you *can*
change this, but it has the same effect as changing the rest of the
weighting factors by that amount. So if you doubled it, it would
essentially split keywords_factor, title_factor,
meta_description_factor, etc. in half. For this reason, I usually leave
this one as 1.

> # What does the following line say
> # substring_max_words: 15

This sets the maximum number of fuzzy matches returned by the substring
matching algorithm.