Re: [htdig] Question from Newbie

Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 20:22:48 -0600

Hi.

> > I need to get the binaries to run htdig on a Solaris 2.6 machine in a form that I
> > can use.

I have sparc-solaris binaries built on a Solaris 7 machine. After
building, I moved the htsearch binary to a Solaris 2.6 machine and it
seems to work fine. Can't say much about the others since the 2.6
machine I have access to has a crippled shell that disallows most
command line execution.

> I do not know of sparc-solaris binaries. Then again, it's a good
> opportunity to plug for people to contribute binaries! :-)

I would be happy to contribute what I have (full build of htdig 3.1.2
built under Solaris 7 using gcc 2.8.1 and libstdc++ 2.9.0). Do you have
some procedure in place for contributing binaries?

Jim Cole