[htdig] RE: HTDIG seg faults and dumps core on RH Linux Kernel ver. 2.2.6

Cobb, Brian (CobbBrianK@exchange.uams.edu)
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:17:45 -0500

Greetings,

I've been using HTDIG ver 3.1.1 for several months now with no problems. On
Monday I downloaded and compiled ver 3.1.2. It compiled with no problems
but whenever I try to launch it by using the RUNDIG script with the -a -v
options RUNDIG returns almost immediately to the system prompt and I have a
core file in the htdig/bin directory. When I try to start htdig itself
from the command prompt I get the message seqment fault (core dumped).

Just for grins I re-downloaded ver 3.1.1. I get the same behavior now with
it after a sucessful compile. Anybody else experienced something similar?

Thanks.

Brian Cobb
cobbbriank@exchange.uams.edu