Re: [htdig] Need help with a "make" error

Thu, 1 Jul 1999 22:31:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 KHumpf@IITRI.ORG wrote:

> ld: elf error: file libdb.a: unable to locate archive symbol table:
> Request error: offset
>  out of range
> ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to db_archive
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `db_archive'
> Current working directory /htdig-3.1.2/db/dist
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

You don't mention whether this is Sun's ld or another (e.g. GNU).
I'd try to compile the db code by going into that directory (db/dist) and
doing a 'make' there first. If it's Sun's ld, I'd ask around to see if
there are limits on the sizes of libraries (I'd be somewhat surprised).