Re: [htdig] htdig as a spider (vs Harvest)

Thu, 1 Jul 1999 21:43:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, James Lockwood wrote:

> First of all, I'd like to say that I've been impressed with htdig, it's
> quite a nice piece of work.

On behalf of the developers, thanks!

> people have gone over from Harvest to htdig, if anyone has some
> information on what was gained from the change I'd appreciate it. I've
> never seen a blow-by-blow feature comparison, so I feel like I'm feeling
> in the dark at this point.

I'm not particular familar with the old Harvest system. However, a quick
browse through <http://www.searchtools.com/> or the like might help. That
site brought up the following comparison:

<http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/staff/morgan/cil/indexing/index.html>

I'll also point out that field searching is one of the features planned
for 3.2.