Re: [htdig] Problem compiling htdig on RedHat Linux 5.2

Doug (DougB@simplenet.com)
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 11:04:17 -0700

Janine Sisk wrote:

> Hello, all -
>
> htdig is apparently the first thing I've tried to compile on this
> system which requires C++. I'm missing something, but I don't know
> what. When I run configure I get this error:

        In my experience htdig is very picky about requiring the same version of libstdc++ and gcc. I have no experience with compiling htdig with egcs, but you might consider renaming first one, then the other of your libstdc++ libraries and see if having more than one version is what's confusing the
compiler.

Good luck,

Doug