[htdig] I need some reasonable settings for: search_algorithm ?

Dr. Thomas-M.Stein (stein@wiz.uni-kassel.de)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 19:48:47 +0200 (CEST)

Could anybody maybe point out some reasonable settings for the
"search_algorithm:" in the htdig.conf file ?

I am using:
exact:1 synonyms:0.5 metaphone:0.4 soundex: 0.4 endings:0.1 substring:0.5

I would like to understand the following.
"Specifies the search algorithms and their weight to use when searching."
How does it weigh - output ranking - or what else. I have changed a few
setting but they didn't seem to make much of a difference ?

Many thanks

Thomas