[htdig] Problem with htsearch

Fabio Mengue (fabio@ccuec.unicamp.br)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:47:21 -0300

Hello,

    I've installed htdig for some time now, and configured it to index my
university domain.

    It runs just fine, but I'm having a problem.

    I read that htdig won't index words with less than 3 characters (unless I told
him to, which I did not). But it is doing so. I mean, it indexes words like "de",
"da", etc. When I try to run a query like

rubens queiroz de almeida

    (which happens to be my boss name), htsearch finds a lot of documents, most of
them only with the "de" word. This happens with "any" or "all" in the match form
field.

    I thougth that this could happen because all files htdig indexed were in
portuguese, so I got the brazilian Ispell files and changed htdig.conf to be aware
of them. I put "de", "da", in the bad_words file. Reindexed. Read the FAQ. Read
the list. Praised the Lord :). But nothing changed.

    Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong ?

    Thanks a lot,

Fabio.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

--
---
Fabio Mengue - Universidade Estadual de Campinas

"Todos os homens nascem livres e iguais. Depois eh que sao elas." - Millor