[htdig] Netscape Enterprise Server 3.5 and headers...

david bernick (daveb@one21.net)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:19:46 -0400

my CGI-bin is quite valid. i can run a numerous perl scripts on it with no
problem so long as the following prints before the output: print
that makes complete sense. if i don't have that, netscape gives me a "did
not produce a valid header" response. when i add it, the script works fine,
so i figure that all scripts need that header. going through the source for
HTDIG i noticed that that header certainly appears in the cout lines, but
i'm getting that error that indicates that there is no header. has anyone
gotten this to work on Netscape Enterprise Server 3.5? If so, how or what do
i need to change to make it work?

the error from the log is below.

[29/Jun/1999:17:59:44] failure ( 4065): for host 38.165.144.31 trying to
POST /cgi-bin/htsearch, cgieng_scan_headers reports: the CGI program
/usr/netscape/ent/cgi-bin/htsearch did not produce a valid header (program
terminated without a valid CGI header. Check for core dump or other abnormal
termination)

thanks for any help!

dave