Re: [htdig] User access

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:42:06 +0200

According to Tomáš Tikovský:
>>Hi
>
>I'm knew to htdig, but i'm missing access settings in htdig.conf
>It would be great if htsearch could look at least at env variable HTTP_REFERRER
>and restrict searches to specific domain or URI'S.

It would be much easier to restrict access of the search script (or
pages with search interfaces). Any HTTP server is able to do that ,-)

Furthermore, if you use active scripting, you can also dynamically change
the search interface.

IMHO this is a lot more flexible way to achieve access rights with ht://Dig.

regards,
  Torsten