[htdig] Normal?

Jim Cole (jcole@icra.com)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:17:37 -0600

Hi.

After experimenting with htdig on some small sites, I am now trying it
on a non-trivial site. htdig has currently been running for over 2 days
(it IS running on a slow machine) and my databases look something
like...

-rw-r--r-- 1 greyleaf users 196646912 Jun 25 17:02 db.docdb.work
-rw-r--r-- 1 greyleaf users 336316731 Jun 25 17:02 db.wordlist.work

However, the entire site I am trying to index is only about 178 MB,
including all of the graphics files. Does it make sense that my current
databases should be 3 times the size of the entire site and still
growing?

Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Cole