Re: [htdig] Sherlock and ht://Dig

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:42:18 -0500 (CDT)

According to Darron Froese:
> I read the info in the list archives about setting up ht://Dig to work with
> Sherlock at:
>
> http://www.htdig.org/mail/1999/05/0211.html
> http://www.htdig.org/mail/1999/02/0118.html

Neither of these two postings gives quite the whole story, although the
top one, by Philippe Riviere, is a tad more complete. You need to set up
htsearch's templates to put out the comments that Sherlock uses to find
the start and end of list, and the start and end of each item. Philippe
gave an example of the item template for his setup, but the wrapper.html
(or header.html and footer.html, or even the sherlock.html.start and
sherlock.html.end) must put out the start and end of list tags. You must
also set your template_map attribute in your bill-sherlock.conf file to
use your custom template. If you've done all this correctly, and don't
have any subtle misspellings anywhere, then I'm at a loss to explain the
problem. I must admit I've never used Sherlock myself.