Re: [htdig] Copyright

Andrew Scherpbier (
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:38:36 -0700

Wico de Leeuw wrote:
> Hiya,
> I'm implenting your programm htdig, it's a wonderfull programm...
> But I have one question....
> I was editting the html-code and I found that the current pictures of htdig
> and the links doesn't fit in our current design.
> I was wondering if it's ok to remove the and instead display a copyright
> notice only... prefferd without a link
> Hoping you can help me
> P.S. Please email me directly... still haven't got something from the
> list... wondering i it's dead or a misconfiguration of me
> tnx,

By all means, use ht://Dig in any way you see fit. We would especially
appreciate any references to new and creative uses of ht://Dig to put in
the list of uses of ht://Dig.
The spirit of ht://Dig is not to make money or to become the most-used
search engine software. There is, of course, a certain amount of pride
on the side of the developers when there is YAUOHD (Yet Another Use Of
Ht://Dig), but it is by no means a requirement.

Good luck and let us know how everything goes. If you make mods to
ht://Dig, send us the changes so that other people may benefit from your

Andrew Scherpbier <>
Contigo Software <>