Re: [htdig] Copyright

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:01:03 -0500 (CDT)

According to Wico de Leeuw:
> I was editting the html-code and I found that the current pictures of htdig
> and the links doesn't fit in our current design.
> I was wondering if it's ok to remove the and instead display a copyright
> notice only... prefferd without a link

ht://Dig is distributed under the GNU General Public License, the details
of which you can find in the file "COPYING" in the source distribution.
There's nothing there that would prevent you from customising the search
forms and results pages at will, as far as I can tell. I'm sure most of
the developers would like it if you identified your site's search engine
as ht://Dig, and provided some sort of link to www.htdig.org, but I don't
think you have any requirement to do so, and certainly no requirement to
use the logos provided with the software.

> P.S. Please email me directly... still haven't got something from the
> list... wondering i it's dead or a misconfiguration of me

The mailing list is certainly not dead, so if you're not getting any mail
from the list, it's because a) you didn't subscribe properly, b) you gave
an address that doesn't forward to your mailbox, or c) your site does mail
filtering, and currently doesn't recognise or allow mail form htdig.org.