[htdig] Newbie question

Andreas Dunker (adunker@picture-safe.de)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:15:18 +0200

Hi *,

perhaps this is a silly question, but I'm just new
to htdig, and perhaps i missed some docs

I just digged our three internal webservers (wow,
did your colleagues put you in heaven, too?). Now
is the question how to update the databases. htdig
ran a long time. Is it okay to run every night

/usr/local/htdig/bin/htdig -s -u user:pass
/usr/local/htdig/bin/htmerge -a

This runs a long time, and cron has a lot of
other stuff to do in the night. What are your
update concepts?

Andreas